Monday, April 1, 2013

Cross Train or Remain the Same Challenge

Happy April!  I'm sore this morning from my long run yesterday, and what better to do than cross train! I joined a Cross Training Challenge Cross-Train-or-Remain-the-Same Challenge that Heather from Through Heather's Looking Glass has started for April!  Check it out and join up!  You just have to do 8 cross-training sessions in April and post to the challenge to be entered.

This is a perfect challenge for me since I'm easily obsessed with my running and pushing too hard, too fast!  I need to sometimes do other training,(even if I don't love it...grumble) it will strengthen my body for my runs and make me healthier in the long run.  So, I plan on cross-training twice a week this month.  I started this morning!

I used our equipment and dh attempted to use my camera to take a couple pics of me on the Roman chair.  He doesn't know how to work my camera very well, however, and I guess I'm just too fast for him because they are a bit blurry.  You get the idea though!


Shew!  These things made my thighs burn, maybe because I'm lifting my body wrong.  Either way, I couldn't do too many reps of these.  I also used our other machine for my arms and some leg strengthening, as well as some yoga and stretching because I'm fairly sore from yesterday.  It was a nice short workout.  I prefer the gym, more options!  My 2nd cross training workout, later in the week, will probably be biking. 

Tomorrow...I run again!  Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Great job with the cross training! That's something I really struggle with. I'm considering Heather's challenge as well, just to give me some motivation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard for me too, I would rather run but I just have to remind myself that cross training will make my running BETTER in the long run! :)

      Delete
  2. I started training for the Wine and Dine as 'cross-train' mostly because I prefer OTHER excercise besides running (but running is most effective for me for weight loss/cardio). I've been TRYING to do Tues/Thur Cross training with some cut out 'routines' I got from Self Magazine. And some time on the stationary bikes. Then M,W,F I run. And take Sat/Sun off. Course this was prior to my extended 2 week break that has left me unmotivated to return to any fitness stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if you just start by running twice a week with your cross-training? Maybe you burned out doing so much every day of the week except the weekends? Those unmotivated times are frustrating, but it will cycle back around again!

      Delete